Rock insulation is made from rock, blast furnace slag, and other raw materials which are melted and spun into fibres to resemble the texture of wool. It is environmentally friendly and offers high-performance insulation solutions.
Quantum stock a range of products from leading manufacturer ROCKWOOL. They are the world’s second-largest insulation producer, manufacturing and supplying a full range of sustainable insulation systems and solutions for the entire building envelope. These insulation solutions protect people from the cold, the heat, the risk of fire and ambient noise – whether it is from outdoors or adjacent rooms. Materials are made from stone wool and have excellent thermal properties from tiny pockets of air trapped within the physical structure of the stone wool. Products are non-combustible and are capable of withstanding temperatures of up to 1000°C.
Two popular ranges are kept in stock, however we have full access to the entire range of Rockwool products.
TCB + PWCB Cavity Barriers have been developed to exceed minimum building regulation requirements for fire resistance within concealed wall cavities. Tested and assessed to BS476: Part 20, they provide up to 60 minutes fire resistance (integrity and insulation).
- Performance is not affected by movement in the building, shrinkage or thermal change
- Can be used vertically or horizontally
- Easy to install
- Quantum stock 65mm & 100mm TCB Closers
RW Slab Range is used for thermal, acoustic and fire insulation in general building applications certified to EN 13162. The product range consists of high-quality resin bonded slabs in a variety of thicknesses and densities. Specialist sizes and thicknesses are available to special order. Black or white tissue and aluminium foil facings are available on 600mm x 1200mm slabs.
- Excellent thermal, acoustic and fire insulation
- Water repellent
- Easy to handle and install
- Quantum stock RWA45 in 50mm,75mm & 100mm Thicknesses
ROCKWOOL FLEXI is a multi-use, dual purpose thermal and acoustic insulation product with a unique flexible edge along one side. The patented flexible edge ensures a perfect fit is maintained between the product and its supporting framework for easy installation and optimum effectiveness.
- Patented ‘Flexi’ edge offers accurate fit to all widths
- Will not slump, even if studs shrink
- Fits all typical metal and timber frame spacing
- Excellent thermal, acoustic and fire properties
- Non-combustible (Euroclass A1)
- Fast and easy to handle and install
- All of the Rockwool Flexi range is available to order from Quantum
Ablative Coated Batt acts as an air seal barrier to reinstate the fire resistance and acoustic performances of concrete floors, masonry walls and drywall systems, following the creation of voids for the passage of services.
- Up to 4 hours fire performance
- Lightweight and simple to install
- No maintenance required
- Tested for airtightness
- Ablative coated batts are available to order from Quantum
The ROCKWOOL Acoustic Calculator has been developed to provide a reliable acoustic calculation for multiple building applications. Click here to use.