We’re entering an exciting new phase of development in a flourishing construction market and need talented, positive individuals to join us. This is a rewarding role in a growing company with scope for future career progression as well as great employee benefits.
We are looking for a motivated Warehouse Assistant to work closely with Goods-In and the Sales team to complete a variety of duties that keep the warehouse organised and running efficiently, for four hours, on a Saturday morning.
The ideal candidate should have experience or a keen interest in the building trade, be computer literate, highly organised and able to work both on their own initiative and as part of a busy, friendly team working to deliver first-class service.
- Assisting transport, unloading trucks, and checking in products or materials
- Preparing orders by processing requests, pulling orders, packing boxes, and transporting packages to the transport area
- Serving and assisting customers where needed with orders, and always providing excellent customer service
- Sorting and placing warehouse items, as directed by the Operations
- Maintaining inventory control
- Preparing goods for delivery
- Directing the loading and unloading trucks and vans in line with health & safety procedures
- Maintaining accurate records and documenting all activities and discussions
- Maintaining warehouse and department tidiness/recycle the cardboard
- Ensuring all stock movements are accurately recorded
- Other duties as assigned
Essential skills & knowledge
- Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- Works in a professional and courteous manner
- Organised with attention to detail
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines
This is a great opportunity to join a local, successful business that can offer ongoing progression, training, and career opportunities. For more information about the role please contact Danny Aylward on 01534 610500 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to download application form